Tuesday, May 2, 2023

May 2023 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 


 Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our May Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ...  "BEJEWELED" - Incorporate shiny sparkly things into your card of any theme. This can be glitter, foil, mirrors, jewellery, gems, rhinestones, etc.

I created a teacher thank you Slimline Pop-up  card using the Little Labels Pop-up die set for the pop up portion of the card. For the layers I used the Long Rectangles - Crosshatch to die cut all the striped paper panels which were then adhered to rectangle panels which had been cut using silver holographic cardstock. Taking photos of cards that use holographic card are very hard to take ... the card looks a nicer in real life than in the photos.

To decorate my card I used the Bookworm and Mini Alphabet & Numbers die sets,  using the holographic card for the shadow layers.


I added a label using the Labels - Crosshatch die set to the bottom left hand side of the card, for a place to hand write a personal message.

I added a few iridescent pearls to the little label panels to finish off the card.


For the front of the card, I added the "Thank You" sentiment which I layered to another label using the Labels - Crosshatch die set.

I added another bookworm to the right hand side of the card.















4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Love it

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love the holographic paper you used!!! Great teach card!

Mona said...

Love the cheerful colors and pinapple on pizza

Cindy Manott said...

What a great Thanks you card. Live the color and sparkle! Yum for pineapple.