Thursday, May 4, 2023

May the 4th Be With You


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today is May the 4th ... which means it is Star Wars Day .... May the 4th Be With You! To celebrate the day I decided to create a space themed card using stamps and dies from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott.


Here is a quick video to show my card in action.


As you can see I have created a Reveal Wheel card using the Made To Surprise Reveal Wheel Mechanism Die set and the Out In Space Overlay die set. The Overlay die set die cuts the various shapes into the card, I used the layered circle overlay to create the circle panel which I die cut from patterned paper and the corners on the square panel underneath. There are actually four corners, but I only used the two for this card.


As this reveal wheel card is 6 inches square, it allows for more images or sentiments on the wheel. For this card I ended up adding 5 sentiments and three images (the same image) to the wheel.


As I didn't have enough sentiments that fitted the triangle area, I added the shooting star.


I added the space themed images to my card, using Made To Surprise Out In Space Stamp/Die set. This set is no longer available to my knowledge, but I was lucky enough to be able to get it from eBay UK recently.


The spaceship in the centre of the card, disguises the large brad in the centre of the card.


Here is a look at each of the 6 scenes showing the different sentiments that are revealed when you turn the wheel at the side of the card. As mentioned above, there are actually 8 different turns of the wheel but as three of those were the same star I didn't add all three to this photo.


For the inside of the card, I used the other two corner overlay dies included in the Out In Space Overlay die set to add to the corners of my white panel. I added another of the space themed sentiments and two more of the images I used on the front.

Other Supplies:
Out In Space Stamp/Die Set - Made To Surprise (discontinued)










 

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

That corner details is amazing ... such a fun card.