Thursday, May 25, 2023

Wheely Awesome Day

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a fun dog themed Slimline Pop-up card I created recently using stamps and dies from various companies.

La-La Land Crafts recently released a kit that included a dog themed stamp set that included a pug. I am always looking out for pug stamps and I am a grandmother to a pug LOL! The first thing I did when I started playing with the stamp set, was to stamp and colour all the images. I noticed one of the dogs could look like a Maltese terrier and as I have one of those, I coloured the image like mine. I had also coloured another of the dogs brown which then looked like my other daughter's dog, so of course I had to make a card that incorporated all three.


I created a Slimline card that measures 4 inches x 8 1/2 inches, I wanted the wider size so the dogs all fitted easily.

I used ombre designer paper for the sky. I then used the cloud die included in Spellbinders Hummingbird & Lily die set, I have a feeling I will be using this a lot as those clouds are very pronounced and work well for bushes too. Finally I added the road at the bottom of the card.

I die cut two pine trees using an older Sizzix Big die which I added to the top of the card. I also added a circle for the sun to the top right hand corner of my card.

I used the Motorcycle w/Side Car die and the Pawsome Friend stamp set, both from La-La Land Crafts to add my doggy scene. To finish off the front of the card, I added three birds using a Honey Bee Stamps stamp set.


As you can see, I created a pop-up to the inside of my card using Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up die set. I love adding a double pop-up with these dies when I make a Slimline card.

I used the Cloud border from the Spellbinders die set again to create the greenery along the bottom of my card. I also added another pine tree.

As the dogs on the front are in a motorcycle, I thought the "Wheely Awesome Day" sentiment which is from a Made To Surprise stamp set. The dog themed sentiment is from the Pawsome Friend stamp set.

Finally I stamped out three more of the dogs and added them to the labels. Maybe they flew off the motorcycle and landed there LOL!

Other Supplies:

Pine Tree - Sizzix / Tim Holtz (discontinued)






1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Dog-gone awesome 😊