Friday, May 5, 2023

3D Castle Card

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Tomorrow, 6th May is the coronation of King Charles III and his wife Queen Camilla. As this is such an historical occasion I decided to make a card to celebrate the event.


For the castle I used Paper. Discovery's Perfect Castle die set which I purchased from Craft Stash last year when it was on special. This is a 3D die. Normally the towers would be square, but as I didn't want my card to have that much depth, I made a few adjusts to the die cut pieces before assembly. I also cut the tower die cuts in half and this die is rather long as it can be used for a number of different projects.

If you look at the walls you will see the brick detail which is another die included in the set.


I originally wanted to add this to an easel card, but doing that would mean the castle would be at an angle which I didn't like. So instead I added a green panel to the back of the front panel of my card which can be folded into the card when mailing and then folded underneath the castle for display.


I used La La Land Crafts Prince Luka and Princess Marcie for the King and Queen, these are older stamps I have had in my stash for years and are no longer available.


The castle towers fold flat in towards the centre of the card so that it can be placed in an envelope. This is a fairly large card measuring 7 inches wide x 6 1/2 inches tall, I don't I will end up giving this to anyone but keep it on display in my room.


For the inside of my card, I added La La Land Crafts Heart Chair stamp another I have had for years. I thought it could be a throne.

I added a birthday sentiment using a Honey Bee Stamp set and the "Royal Treatment" sentiment which is from an older MFT Stamps stamp set, that set is no longer available but I did find another one on the MFT Stamps web site which I have linked below.


Other Supplies:

  • Prince Luka Stamp - La La Land Crafts (discontinued)
  • Princess Marci Stamp - La La Land Crafts (discontinued)
  • Heart Chair Stamp - La La Land Crafts (discontinued)
  • Royal Friend Stamp Set - MFT Stamps (discontinued)









2 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow!!! Perfect Castle for these stamps and perfect card for the occasion!! Love it❣
Kris

Karen Aicken said...

Such a fun Fun Fold!