Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Record Shop

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a fun 3D card I created recently using dies from Concord & 9th.

I have been loving the cute little shops I have been seeing online using the cute Window Shoppe Card Base die from Concord & 9th, so I decided to purchase the die along with a few other things from a recent release. As one of the other things I purchased was record themed, I decided to use the Window Shoppe Card Base die set to create a record shop. Apparently the day I made this card was actually "Record Shop Day", yes it is a thing I remember my husband and I going to a few some years back. I have had so many things to post on my blog, that it has taken almost a month to get it posted on here.


I love the "record" sentiment and the tiny record that comes in Concord & 9th's For the Record die set, it was perfect to use for the sign of my shop ... the shop word came from the Window Shoppe Base die set.



The die set also included a die to make a 3D crate and a record cover, so I die cut them three dies to add to the inside of my store, I added a brown panel under the crates to look like a table/bench. I added a couple more records to the wall.


For the inside of the card, I added the ovals using dies also included in the For the Record die set. I added a stamped sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps For the Record stamp set, which is no longer available. Concord & 9th did release a record themed stamp set, but as I have so many other stamp sets of this theme I decided not to get it.

I then die cut a larger record using dies and stamps from Sugar Pea Designs, this is probably also no longer available as it's pretty old.

I used hands from MFT Stamps In Good Hands die set to make it look like someone holding the record.

Other Supplies:

For the Record Stamp Set - Honey Bee Stamps (discontinued)