Friday, May 12, 2023

Sending You So Much ...


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's Mother's Day on Sunday down here in Australia and I suddenly realised that I haven't made any Mother's Day cards this year. While I don't need them for Sunday, I normally make a few to add to my daughter's card packs I make to give them at Christmas, so I quickly got one made. I will get some more done during the year.

For my card today I created a 5 x 7 inch card using one of the new Creative Craft Products A2 Additions Love Word Panel Die and Stamp set. This die set includes the rectangle panel with decorative overlay & attached "Love" sentiment and a stamp set with various words/phrases that work with the word "Love". Being that this die is made to fit an A2 Card, it's a little wider than the width of my 5 inch wide card, and while I could have trimmed it flush with the card I liked the look of it hanging over the edge. The sentiment at the top of my card, is also included in the stamp set.

I decorated the lower left corner of my card using the flowers from Made To Surprise's Flowers and Foliage Stamp/Die set.

I added the word "Mum" which is from an older Simon Says Stamp stamp set, which I stamped onto a pink heart and added to the word panel.

To finish off the card, I added some pink dew drops randomly over the card.


For the inside of my card, I again used the rectangle panel included in the A2 Additions Love Word Panel Die and Stamp set. I trimmed off the word "love" from the top of the panel before adding it to my card. I used the panel on the front of the card to work out where to position the panel on the inside of the card, but this time I did trim off the overhanging sides.

I stamped the "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment which is from the same Simon Says Stamp stamp set I used on the front. I die cut it into a rectangle and adhered it to the centre of the word panel.