Tuesday, August 1, 2023

August 2023 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge

 


 Hi Crafty Friends, 

Welcome to our August Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "ACCORDIONS" - use the Landscape Rectangle, Charm Accordion on Fancy Label Accordion for a card.


For my card today, I pulled out the Landscape Rectangle Accordion Card and the Cupcake Add-Ons die set to create a Cupcake themed Christmas card.

 I used the largest rectangle die from the Short Rectangles - Crosshatch die set to create all the layered frames of my card from Christmas themed patterned paper.

I used the "Sweet" from the You're Sweet die set for the sentiment in the centre panel. I also added the stamped "Christmas Wishes" underneath the word sweet.To finish off the centre panel I added a snowflake.


The cupcakes were created using the Cupcake Add-Ons die set. I used polka dot patterned paper in red and green for the cupcake wrappers, alternating the colours. For the icing I die cut from white glitter cardstock and then after embossing using my die cutting machine, and leaving the die in place, I coloured the glitter using pink and green ink. 

I added the holly and berries from the Fireplace Add-Ons 1 die set to embellish each of the cupcakes.


Here is a look at the front of my card, when it is folded ready to be placed in an envelope. I adhered a white rectangle, also from the Short Rectangles - Crosshatch die set which serves two purposes. One it highlights the cupcakes and it also gives a place to write a personal greeting.










3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

How fun to make holiday cupcakes!

Crystal Middleton said...

Ms. Frances, I Love your Christmas Cupcake card. It is such an adorable idea and so very festive. Thank you for the idea and the synopsis on how you did the card. This gives me several ideas for this year's Christmas cards.

My favorite ice cream, I would have to say is Vanilla because, depending on your mood at the time you can either eat it as is or add whatever you want to give it a new flavor. lol!

Gail said...

so sweet and love the colors!!