Thursday, August 17, 2023

Whale Hello There

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a whale themed Slide and Lock Box Card I created recently.

Sam Calcott recently shared a tutorial on this style of card. The oval panel on the front of the card is designed to slide onto the card to keep the card shut. You can see Sam's tutorial here.


I used one of the ovals from the Supersized Nestables Ric Rat die set for the oval which slides onto the front of the card. I splattered ink over the oval.

To decorate my card I used the whale from Text{ures} Layering Sea Creatures die set from the Deep Blue Collection. The sentiment is from the Sea and Sentiments stamp set.


This basically is a gatefold card, but I scored the centre of the back of the card so that the back folds which means the whale oval panel card be on the card when displayed. 


For the white panels on the centre of the card, I added the sea creatures which are also from the Sea and Sentiments stamp set. I added the "Whale-ly" birthday sentiment from Trinity Stamps, stamp part of the sentiment on each of the panels.


Here is a closer look at the oval panel. I cut two ovals, and added two score lines at the centre of one of the ovals and then adhered this to the front oval. The front of the gatefold card then slides in between the two ovals.