Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Hands Up If You've Been Good

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

Over the past few months, I have been enjoying making "puppet" themed cards using the It's Only More Puppets Collection from Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott. Last year I was able to get some of the puppet dies from the original It's Only A Puppet Collection, however the embossing folder and Santa/Rudolph die set weren't available to purchase.

A few weeks ago, I received an email notification from Craft Stash to say that the whole collection of It's Only A Puppet was back in stock and available to purchase .., yay! So of course I ordered what I didn't have :)

My dies arrived last week, so I wasted no time pulling out the Santa from the Santa & Rudolph die set to make a Christmas card. 


Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


For my card today, I decided to combine the It's Only a Puppet 6 x 6 mechanism die set with a Wiper Card. So it has two kinetic actions going on. For the Wiper card, I used Made To Surprise's 6 x 6 Square Pop-up Wiper Card die set.

As you can see, I also used the Snow Angel Embossing Folder for my background, I love how this looks, I used pearlescent white cardstock for this panel to add some shimmer to the card.


When you pull the sides of the card, it reveals the speech bubble with the "Ho Ho Ho" sentiment coming out  of the top of the card. The speech bubble is attached to a clear acetate wiper mechanism using one of the dies included in the Wiper Card die set. The "Ho Ho Ho" sentiment is from the Christmas Words die set also from Made To Surprise.

Along the bottom of the square panel, I added another sentiment which is from the Christmas Fun Sentiments stamp set. I white embossed the sentiment on red cardstock and then added a silver holographic border.

The wax seal on the top right hand corner of the card was created using a Spellbinder's Wax Seal Stamp ... Do Not Open. I also added a few extra red beaded embellishments which were also created using the red wax seal beads I used for the wax seal.


I added a white panel to the back of the wiper card, so I could have a place for more sentiment and a personal greeting.

I used another sentiment from the Christmas Fun Sentiments stamp set and also added the Merry Christmas from the Creative Craft Products Inside Out Sentiments Christmas Card die set.