Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Dragons and Fairy Tales

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

According to the Days of the Year website, today (9th August) is National Book Lovers Day. As I have been wanting to make an easel card using the Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Pop Up Wiper Book die set, I thought it was the perfect time to pull the die out and play.

To decorate my card, I used two dragon themed stamp sets from MFT Stamps to create my dragon themed fairy tale book.



I used Creative Craft Products Birthday Card Inside Out Sentiments die set to add the stopper to the base of my card. I also used a sentiment from an older Hero Arts Monthly kit to add the stamped sentiment underneath the stopper.


Here is a look at my card when it is folded. There is a fair bit of bulk to this card, approximately 3/4 - 1 inch depth, so it would need to either be hand delivered or placed in a box for mailing.


Here is a look at the base of my card, when the top portion is lifted up. There is plenty of room on the white area to write a personal greeting. 


On the back portion of the card, I added a panel so I could add another sentiment. This sentiment is from a stamp set from Scrappy Tails Craft.











2 comments:

Danni said...

What a wonderful card! Love it!

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful card!