Tuesday, August 29, 2023

To My Favourite Person

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

I finally got my hands on one of the new Spellbinders Betterpress system. I have been waiting patiently for the store I purchase many of my supplies from here in Australia to get it in. For now I only got the system, some Cotton Cardstock and a few Betterpress Plates. I will get more over time. 

For my first play with the system I used the Pressed Bouquet Plate. I placed it in the corner of the magnetic base in one corner for a 5 x 7 card panel and used the ink pad that came with the system to ink up the plate. Once I had run the Betterpress system through my die cutting machine, I then inked up my plate an again and flipped the platten that had the cardstock attached, so that I could get an image in the opposite corner.

I also used one of the sentiments from the exclusive die that comes with the Betterpress system. I like how Spellbinders included the two different spellings of the word "favourite", I hope they do this more often when words I spelt differently in other countries.

Even though Spellbinders, says you can't colour the image using alcohol markers if you use the included ink pad, I had no trouble colouring the image using my markers.

I die cut my panel using a stitched rectangle die, so I could adhere it to a top folding 5 x 7 card.


For the inside of my card, I die cut another white panel, and then time I inked the Betterpress plate using a pink Catherine Pooler ink. As I only used normally cardstock it just stamped the image, it didn't leave any impression into the cardstock as it does when you use Cotton Cardstock. 

I also added a sentiment, using a stamp from a Creative Craft Products stamp set.










1 comment:

jean said...

if u add another 1 or 2 pieces to your regular cardstock it will letterpress it!!,just needs a little more pressure... i goofed add added 1 sheet to mine when using the cotton paper that came with machine and almost cut the whole image out, i think it was nicole sporl who used an extra sheet of paper to trace her images on so she was sure of placement when trying to make background paper out of the halloween icons,but i wil use typing paper next time cause its much thinner. hope this helped love ur card