Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Sweet Christmas


Hi Crafty Friends, 

It's almost 4 months until Christmas, so today I am sharing a Christmas card I created.

In July, Craft Stash released their Creative Craft Products Sweet Christmas Collection die sets. These dies make cute little holders for a round chocolate. Today I am using the Santa Himself die set to make a Christmas card, instead of the chocolate holder it is meant to make.

I also used one of the Fancy Folds die sets from Creative Craft Products ... this one is the A6 Window Card die set. 


Because the Sweet Christmas Collection die sets are made to display a chocolate, there is a hole die cut into each of all the Christmas Characters. In the case of Santa Himself, his tummy! As I wanted to use this on a card rather than a treat box, I decided to cover the hole by using a wax seal. 

My wax seal is part of a collection of Christmas Wax Seals I found on Amazon. I also used a metal Wax Seal mould to use when pouring my wax, to give a fun shape to the seal. I also found the moulds from Amazon.



Here you can see the card when it is folded ready to be placed in an envelope.

I used the Made To Surprise by Sam Calcott's Ditsy Embossing Folder for the background layer on the front panel of my card.



Here is a look at the back of my card. I added a white panel to the centre to add the sentiments and write a personal greeting. The sentiment and Santa in his Sleigh are both from an Apple Blossom Stamp set called Santa Claus is Coming To Town from their Festive Globes Collection.



Other Supplies:
  • Festive Globes/Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Stamp Set - Apple Blossom
  • Merry Christmas Wax Seal 
  • Green Wax Seal Beads
  • Floral Wax Seal Mould

















 

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

So fun - great way to use the wax seal, too.