Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Celebrate You

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

About a year ago, I shared a 6 x 6 version of a Gatefold Pop-out card, today I have a 5 x 7 version. 



For this card I pulled out another Betterpress Plate I got when I purchased my Spellbinders Betterpress recently ... this one is the Diamond Aviary Press Plate. After creating the image, I coloured it using my Black Widow Pencils. 


When the card is closed it becomes a Gatefold Fold Card, and is held closed using a Belly Band.

The sentiments used on the front and on the bird are also Letterpresses using the Betterpress System. 



In the centre of the diamond panel, I added a woven heart wax seal using a wax seal that I found on eBay. After pouring the wax and stamping the wax seal stamp into the wax, I used scissors to cut around the outline of the heart. I then used white ink to highlight the weaving.


Here is a look at the back of my card. The two side panels form the front of the gatefold card when the card is closed. 

I added two white panels to the next two panels, for a place to stamp a sentiment and also to be able to write a personal greeting when this card is given to someone. Both sentiments are from Stampendous' Cheap Tweets stamp set.



Other Supplies:
  • It's Your Day Betterpress Press Plate - Spellbinders
  • Tweet Chirps Stamp Set - Stampendous (discontinued)
  • Woven Heart Wax Seal