Monday, October 9, 2017

Brushstroke Birthday Wishes


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I have another card I created using my "brushstroke" stamps to create a monochromatic male birthday card. The image that created the brushstrokes is from an older MFT Stamps stamp set called Abstract Art ... I am pretty sure this one is retired, but there are a number of newer stamp sets out there which have similar stamps in them.

I stamped the brushstrokes using three different Distress Oxide inks and then stamped and embossed the birthday sentiment.

On the left hand side of the sentiment panel I added a figure 8 knot which is a die from Couture Creations. To finish off the front of the card I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops to the sentiment panel.


For the inside of my card, I added a strip of designer paper to the left hand side, added another figure 8 knot and a sentiment.

Stamps: Abstract Art - MFT Stamps; Birthday Joy Calligraphy - Paper Inspirations; Hip Hip - Kaisercraft
Paper: White; Blue; Dark Blue; A Boy's Life Paper Pad - Echo Park
Dies: Figure 8 Knot - Couture Creations
Other: Black Ink; Clear Embossing Powder; Broken China Distress Oxide; Faded Jeans Distress Oxide; Salty Ocean Distress Oxide; Foam Tape


2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Perfect masculine card.

jojot said...

fabulous guy b'day card....love how you used the brushstroke