Friday, October 27, 2017

Christmas Gift Tags


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a few Gift Tags I created using the new Holiday Tag Along Kit from Papertrey Ink which was released recently. I spied a sample using this kit before the release and I knew right away that I NEEDED them ... I always make my own gift tags for Christmas and while this kit was a little pricey after exchange rates and postage I knew that it would be something that I would be able to reach for, for many years to come.

This kit comes with a tag die, a stamp set, stencils and various decorator dies, as well as sequins and twine. It also comes with a set of 32 pre-printed gift tags which you can use either as is or altering using the dies etc. 


I kept the tags I made today fairly simple using the tag die, the to/from die and four of the stencils that are included in the kit. 

I was going to use some Nuvo Glitter Paste that I have purchased at a show back in June, but when I opened the green bottle it was as hard as a rock ... disappointing! When I open the red it looked like it had been opened and used before 😞 and a little too thick. After a bit of playing with what I did have I gave up and went to the trusty Distress Inks which always work.


I wanted to add an embellishment to them ... I am not sure why I added snowflakes seeing it is summer down here at Christmas time! But I do have a ton of them so that is what I used this time.


I love all the different stencils and how easy they made it to make a simple gift tag which of course could be made simpler by using the stamps rather than the to/from die etc.


And finally my last tag, seeing this one has stencilled snowflakes on the tag, I decided to add a snowman to it rather than another snowflake, again I have a ton of these.

I am looking forward to playing with a few of the other things included in the kit next time ... I am sure I still need to make lots more gift tags!

Paper: White; Red; Green
Dies: Holiday Tag Along - Papertrey Ink
Other: Festive Berries Distress Ink; Peeled Paint Distress Ink; Holiday Tag Along Stencils - Papertrey Ink; Red & Green Hemp Cord



3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, what pretty tags for the holidays!

Linda Hott said...

Pretty, pretty!

jojot said...

another fab set of tags