Thursday, October 19, 2017

Insanely Happy Birthday


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being the challenge hostess for the month, I continue to issue the challenges.

Acetate - Create a card that includes acetate on/in it in some way. It could be a Shaker Card, Magic Color Slider Card, Window Card, Gap Card etc.


For my card I decided to create a Magic Color Slider card. These are always so much fun to make and even easier now I have the Lawn Fawn Magic Color Slider die set, which makes creating this style of card a breeze!


When you pull the tab, it starts to reveal the magic ... which is the color appearing under the tab.



To decorate my card I used the troll characters from the Your Next Stamp Insanely Happy Birthday Stamp set. .... Trolls are back in fashion now!!!!

Along the bottom of my card I added some grass so that I could ground my little  troll people.


And finally the whole colorful scene is revealed. I added the "Pull Me" sentiment from the Heffy Doodle Interactively Yours Clear Stamp set.

I also added Nuvo Drops to match the designer paper on the base of the card all around the frame and grassy area.


On the inside of the card I added a strip of the remaining designer paper to the left hand side. I added a birthday sentiment to the white panel. Finally I added the last of the Trolls to the card and added a couple of music notes.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi


Stamps: Insanely Happy - Your Next Stamp; Birthday Sentiments - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Interactively Yours - Heffy Doodle
Paper: White; Bright Pink; Bright Green; Fairy Tale Paper Pack - Doodlebug Design Inc.
Dies: Magic Color Slider - Lawn Fawn; Adventure Edges - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Nuvo Drops: Rhubard Crumble; Carnation Pink; Caribbean Ocean; English Mustard;  Apple Green; Crushed Grape
Other: Black Ink; Black Stazon Ink; Acetate; Foam Tape; Copics



9 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Where to look first! Delightful from top to bottom, slide to slide! :) So colorful and fun! Great challenge to use acetate - and I have my first Heffy Doodle en route to my house ! So excited!

Vicky Gould said...

A for absolutely adorable! Cute, cute, cute!

Lois said...

Great minds think alike!!! When I saw "acetate," this was the first type of card I thought of. Your little cuties are adorable -- and the card is super!

jojot said...

there you go performing 'magic' again....what a fun card

Karen Aicken said...

So cute - I remember making these years ago, and you are right - they were fiddly. Glad you have a new die set to make it easier. Love those TROLLS too. ;-)

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Such cute trolls.......one of these days I'm going to try this technique!! Your card is amazing!

Maryann said...

What a super fun card, those trolls are so cute.

Liz Williams said...

As if your cards aren't magical enough, you go top it all with this color magic card. You are going to delight some lucky little person to pieces with this cute card.

Lynn McAuley said...

Absolutely adorable with these sweet Trolls!! They sure are cuter than the ones from the 60s!