Thursday, October 12, 2017

Happy Birthday from the Whole Herd


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. As challenge hostess for the month, I continue to issue the challenges.

Did you know that today is "Old Farmers Day" - let's show our appreciation to our farmers by creating something farm related today.


Years ago I purchased the "There She Goes Clear Stamps - Oh Crop" stamp set which contains some fun farm animals, a farmer and a fabulous farm scene as well as a few fun farm sentiments. Somehow it has been sitting in my stamp cupboard unused! When I looked at this stamp set I thought that the farm scene that is included in the set would work perfectly with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Pop-Ups die set as a background to the card .... I was right!

I used my Copic Airbrush to color the base, both sides of the Stitched Hillside Pop-Ups die cut and the grassy areas in the farm scene as I wanted the colors to match and this was easier than coloring it all by hand.



I stamped the cows, pig in mud and farmer and then used my Scan N Cut to cut them out. I added a sun to the top left hand corner of the card which is a really old stamp from my stash!

For the sentiment I grabbed another farm themed stamp set this time for MFT Stamps. 


For the front of my card I used the same farm scene that I used for the backdrop of the inside of the card, and added another farmer and cow. 

The sentiment is another from MFT Stamps.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi


Stamps: Oh Crop - There She Goes Clear Stamps; The Whole Herd - MFT Stamps
Paper: White
Dies: Stitched Hillside Pop-Ups - Lawn Fawn; Katie Label Pivot Card - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Tumbled Glass Distress Ink; Foam Tape; Copic Air Brush; Copic Markers




8 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

You always have the perfect stamps for your fabulous cards! This is adorable! Perfection!

MiamiKel said...

Your card is absolutely darling was so much detail I feel like I'm really at a farm !! What a perfect holiday for us to celebrate this week such an adorable theme !

Lynn McAuley said...

How sensational is this, Frances!!! Awesome farm design sure to brighten someone's birthday!!

Karen Aicken said...

Love your FARM card!! Adorable images - glad you finally got to ink 'em up.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Such cute images.I love those cows!

Liz Williams said...

Such a delightful card, Frances. Such a fun scene from the farm.

Lois said...

I'm a bit late with my comments for this week's challenge. I really like your pop-up card. The images are delightful.

jojot said...

talk about the perfect set for this challenge....adorable in every detail