Saturday, October 21, 2017

Trolls Insanely Happy Birthday


Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Bonnie Sharp our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Being the third Saturday of the month it is time for a sketch challenge.





For my card today I have again used the cute Troll characters from Your Next Stamp's Insanely Happy stamp set. I couldn't decide which card to use them for when I was deciding on what to do for both the CCEE challenge and C4C challenge I do every week that I decided to use it for both.



For the inside of the card I created a Twist Pull Card using the Twist Pull Card die set from Karen Burniston, I just love this fun die set.

I received some designer paper in a card kit I received a month or two ago which I loved but I only had one piece of each design, so I had to be creative on how to use it  to stretch it out. By piece it on the inside I was able to have enough for both the inside and the outside of this card. Don't worry, I loved the paper so much I had to order a whole paper pack hehe!

I used the grass from the Nature Edges die set on each of the white panels and stamped some clouds on each panel too.

Along the bottom edge of the card I added the birthday sentiment included in the stamp set and some Nuvo drops to match the papers.

Along the top panel I added the number border, highlighting the '5' and adding the 'today' tab. I will probably use this for my Granddaughter's birthday coming up next month as she will be 5!



Here is a look at my card as it is closing, you can see how the 4 panel fold in the centre folds up and starts to turn to the side.



And finally a look at my card when it is closed. My card is a little thick when closed because I like to use foam tape on some of the elements of the accordion panel on the inside of the card ... as it will be hand delivered this doesn't matter. However if you don't want a thick card eliminate the foam tape.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.




Stamps:  Insanely Happy - Your Next Stamp
Paper: White; Bright Pink; Green; Black Fairy Tale Paper Pack - Doodlebug Design Inc; Party Patterns Paper Pad - MFT Stamps
Dies: Twist Panel Pop-up; Nature Edges - Karen Burniston; Blue Prints 11; LLD Border It Numbers - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Green Ink; Glossy Accents; Scan N Cut; Foam Tape; Copics



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Super cute card - love those TROLLS!

jojot said...

cool fancy fold card.....sweet theme