Monday, October 2, 2017

Make A Wish


Hi Crafty Friends,

My card today is inspired by a stamp set that was an exclusive set during Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Celebrations. It reminded me that I had a couple of older stamp sets that contain brushstroke stamps, so I pulled mine out to play. 

As you can see I have a rainbow of colors on my card today, using all Distress Oxide inks. Once I had added the base of my design I added a sentiment, from Concord & 9th which is stamped in black soot distress ink and then embossed using clear embossing powder. The smaller "Make A" is from a stamp set from Avery Elle.

To decorate my card I die cut a couple of the star balloons from the new Elizabeth Craft Designs Balloons die set which I die cut using White Soft Finish Cardstock and then colored using distress oxides. I also added some shimmer to my balloons using Clear Glitter Wink of Stella pen.

To finish off my card I added a few dots using Ebony Black Gloss Nuvo Crystal Drops.


For the inside of my card I added a birthday sentiment from Sizzix and added some candles which is also from the same stamp set and the "Wish" sentiment on the front of the card.

Stamps: Abstract Art - MFT Stamps; Party Wishes - Concord & 9th; Sentimental - Avery Elle; Happy Birthday - Sizzix
Paper: White; Red
Dies: Balloons; Stitched Rectangles; Dotted Scallop Rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Soot Distress Oxide; Candied Apple Distress Oxide; Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide; Wild Honey Distress Oxide; Lucky  Clover Distress Oxide; Broken China Distress Oxide; Faded Jeans Distress Oxide; Wilted Violet Distress Oxide; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo Ebony Black Gloss Crystal Drops; Clear Glitter Wink of Stella; Foam Tape




2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, this is a fabulous Birthday card. Love the way you used the brushstrokes.

jojot said...

love how you used the 'paint swishes' behind the sentiment....love it