Sunday, October 29, 2017

A Very Merry Christmas For You


Hi Crafty Friends,

I recently managed to purchase a couple of the exclusion stamp sets that Simon Says Stamp offered for their Stamptember celebration ... one of the sets I really was hoping I would be able to get was this Stampers Anonymous Stamptember stamp set. I really loved the diamond background and the tree rings stamps which I thought would make awesome backgrounds for any time of the new.

Of course since I had the stamp set, I figured I might as well make a Christmas card with it.

I first created the diamond background, this is a stamp which has about three rows of diamonds, so with the help of my stamping platform I was able to stamp this over the background and white emboss it. Next I used three different colors of Distress Oxides to create an ombre effect.

For the white panel, I started by die cutting a Stitched Rectangle. I then stamped the snowman and stars using Broken China Distress Oxide, which I again embossed. 

I placed the white panel onto my card at an angle and trimmed down the top and left hand sides.

I also wanted to use the candy stripe part of the stencil which was also included in this stamp set which I added to the left side of the card using Candied Apple Distress Oxide. 

I stamped one of the sentiments which came in the stamp set onto white cardstock and embossed this in white. This was then colored using the Candied Apple Distress Oxide and then cut it down to create a fishtail banner. I added this banner to the lower right hand side of the card.

To finish off my the front of my card I added three red dots using Nuvo Red Berries Gloss Crystal Drops.


For the inside of my card I added the red candy stripe down the left hand side of my card and then added a sentiment which is stamped in two different colored blue distress oxide inks.

Stamps: Stamptember 2017; Handwritten Holidays - Stampers Anonymous
Paper: White
Dies: Stitched Rectangles - Elizaberh Craft Designs
Other: Broken China Distress Oxide; Salty Ocean Distress Oxide; Faded Jeans Distress Oxide; Candied Apple Distress Oxide; VersaMark Ink; White Embossing Powder; Heat Gun, Stamping Platform; Nuvo Red Berry Gloss Crystal Drops; Fun Foam






2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

So glad you were able to snag those items and I liked how you used them on this card.

jojot said...

very cool design....I either have this stamp or one that is similar and I will be using this as inspiration as to how to use it