Friday, October 6, 2017

Hello Spring


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a card I created using products from Concord & 9th.

I have loved seeing all the cards created using their Aloha Friends Stamp set, Aloha Fill-In Patterned Paper & Fill-In Stencil, so of course I had to order these so I could play myself. If you haven't seen these already the papers come with the flowers uncoloured, so you can use the stencil to add the color and details to the flowers, there are 4 different designs and there is also designs on the reverse side of the paper to give you even more options. 


As you can see I colored my flowers pink using Abandoned Coral and Candied Apple Distress Oxides inks. For the sentiment I used the "INSPIRING" sentiment from the Aloha Friends stamp set, masking the "IN & I" to create the word "SPRING" .... it's spring here where I live so I thought it would be fun to create a spring card with this set. I added a "Hello" sentiment ... so it says "Hello Spring". The SPRING is stamped onto vellum and embossed using black powder so you can still see the designer paper through the vellum.

I also used the border stamp included in the stamp set, to stamp a border on either side of the card.


For the inside of the card I kept to the same layout as I did the front of the card. I stamped the "FABULOUS" "You're" and "Friend" onto the centre of the white panel using black ink. I also added flowers to the top and bottom of the card.

Stamps: Aloha Friend - Concord & 9th
Paper: White; Green; Pink; Vellum; Aloha Fill-In Patterned Paper - Concord & 9th
Other: Black Ink; VersaMark Ink; Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide; Candied Apple Distress Oxide; Lucky Moss Distress Oxide; Black Embossing Powder; White Embossing Powder; Aloha Fill-In Stencils - Concord & 9th; Nuvo Bubblegum Pink Gloss Crystal Drops; Nuvo Woodland Green Gloss Crystal Drops; Foam Tape



2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

So pretty - I always enjoy seeinl your many new purchases. You're livin' the dream, my friend!

jojot said...

what a beautiful spring card.....love those blooms