Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October 2017 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge


Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to our October Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. 

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

This month our challenge is .... "G-G-G-GHOST!" - Halloween cards. Make 'em cute or make 'em creepy. Can't decide? Go for an "Awww . . . Eww!" combination (cute front, creepy inside).

This time around I decided to use the Charm Accordion for the base of my card. I wanted to be able to have room on the bottom to create a Halloween scene, so when I die cut the pages for my card I placed the top cutting plate so it didn't cut the bottom part of the die so I was able to make it longer.


Along the bottom of each panel, I added the graveyard scene from the Halloween Scene die set. I added the hands from the Halloween Elements to the left hand panels. and a couple of ghosts.

To join the small rectangles together I used the charm accordion rectangle included in the die set and then layered on vellum spider webs and a spider. I added a few other vellum spider webs to the top part of the card.


Here is a close up of the last two pages of my accordion card. I added the "to you!" sentiment from the Word Set 3 - Birthday die set. 


Here is a look at my card from the front when it is folded flat ready to be placed in an envelope. I used the "Boo!", hands and ghost which are all included in the Halloween Elements die set.

Don't forget to visit Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.


Supplies:

Karen Burniston:




Other: 
Paper: White; Black; Orange;  Graphic 45 An Eerie Tale Collection Magic Spell 12 x 12 Paper; Vellum
Dies: Charm Accordion; Halloween Scene; Halloween Elements; Word Set 2  Birthday - Karen Burniston
Other: Black Ink; White Gel Pen; Foam Tape; Copics





4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Spooktacular!!

S@ndy Diller said...

Love your card Frances - spooky in the best way.

jojot said...

wonderfully spooky...love the 4 panels

Unknown said...

love your card the hands are creepy coming from the headstones.