Saturday, November 13, 2021

Oh Christmas Tree

 


Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. As challenge hostess for the month, I continue to issue the challenges.

Die Cuts Only - create a card that is created using dies only, no stamps. If you must, you can use a stamp for the sentiment, but bonus points if you use dies.

Recently when placing an online order, I found this fun Christmas Tree Flip It style card designed by Studio Light. I have always enjoyed this style of card so I added it to my cart. It finally arrived a few weeks ago, so I decided to pull it out to play for today's challenge.

The die comes complete with the various layering dies.  I die cut the main die from a caramel cardstock and then used patterned paper and red cardstock for the various layers. I used green cardstock for the Christmas Tree.

To decorate the Christmas Tree I used dies from Spellbinders Shopping Cart Holiday & Presents die set. The presents are also from this die set.

As the patterned paper featured various Christmas sentiments, I decided not to add a sentiment to the front side of the card.


Here is a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope. As you can see I adhered a present to the bottom of the tree, this is die cut twice so it can be placed on either side of the tree. I also added a tree and decorated it the same as the one you can see when the card is opened.


I wanted to add a place on my card for a sentiment and a handwritten greeting, so I decided to decorate the back of my card. To do this I had to use the layering dies and die cut from the back of the patterned paper, so the pattern was in the correct direction. 

I added MFT Stamps Stacked Merry to the white panel on the right hand side of the card. I stamped a small "Christmas" word below the "Merry" which is from a Hero Arts Hero Greetings Christmas Gift Shop stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.