Thursday, November 25, 2021

To A Fabulous Teacher


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Kelly Santi our challenge hostess for the month, finishes off the month with one last challenge.

Thankful leaves - Being that it’s Thanksgiving, create a card with a thankful theme – bonus points for using a leaf/leaves somewhere on your card!



Since I live in Australia, I have no need for Thanksgiving themed cards as we don't celebrate Thanksgiving down here. But I did need to make one last Teacher Thank you card for my grandchildren to use for their teachers at the end of the school year which is coming up in a few weeks. My card also doesn't include a leaf/leaves, however the pages of a book can also be referred to leaves.

As you can see by the photo above, I have created a Slimline Pop-up card using Karen Burniston's new Little Labels Pop-up die set. 


To decorate my card I used Picket Fence Studios Your Next Book Dear stamp set. I also used Heffy Doodle Stamps Teach Me Words stamp set with coordinating stamp set.

I added the Crosshatch - Ovals die set so I could add a place to write a handwritten message.


For the front of the card, I added the same patterned papers I used to create the front of my card. I added grey cardstock to the front of the card, to give us the footpath.

I added the "Thank you" to the front of the card, between the girl and boy

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



 

3 comments:

MiamiKel said...

This is SO beautiful and so colorful and fabulous for a teacher! I'm sure your grandchlidren's teacher will be so grateful for this thoughtful card :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Cute pencil background for these well-read students!! I know your grandkid's teacher will love receiving this exquisite card of thanks!! Awesome slimline design!!

Lois said...

I love your take on the "leaves." Great teacher thank-you card!