Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Fore, Three, Two, One

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Have you heard the news???

Today the Karen Burniston Design Team start sharing sneak peeks for the upcoming November release.  Karen Burniston - KB Riley LLC will be releasing 8 new dies which will be available to order on Monday 22nd November.


I was super excited when Karen shared the new Little Labels Pop-up die set. This die fits inside a Slimline card that is 3 1/2 inches wide. I have been having lots of fun playing with it. This die is a glue in die rather than one that needs to be die cut into a card and is super easy to use.

A friend of mine recently asked if I could make two 80th birthday cards, one being for a male who enjoys golf. When I was looking at another card I had created using this die set, I could see how I could adapt the die to create a golf themed card.

The Little Labels Pop-up die set includes a pop-up which has three label shapes that pop-up which are all the same shape and size. For my golf themed card, I trimmed the two outer labels and adhered an embossed circle/golf balls to each of these labels. I positioned the golf balls so that the bottom portion of the label shows which looks a tiny bit like a golf tee. I used a circle die from the Circle Charm Pop-up die set to die cut the circles to create the large golf balls, I then embossed each circle using an older Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles Embossing Folder. 

I added the "80" to the centre label using the numbers from the Numbers die set.

I used the circle border from the Border Blends - Trims die set which I also embossed using the tiny bubbles embossing folder to add to the rectangle panel at the bottom of the pop-up.


To decorate the base of the inside of my card I added the Golf Flag which is an older Magnolia Stamps stamp. The golfing peanuts are from an older "Golfing Nutz" stamp set from Cornish Heritage Farms Tom Fun Collection.

For the birthday sentiment I used the Happy Birthday die and the Happy Birthday Shadow die which is another of the new dies being released this month. I love that we now have the option of adding a shadow to this sentiment.


For the front of my card I used the same patterned papers I used on the inside ... the cloud paper is an American Crafts paper. The grass I used the grass border from Karen Burniston's Long Nature Edges die set, using the green paper from Lawn Fawn's Watercolor Wishes paper collection.

I again used the nuts and flag to create my golfing scene.

To finish off my card I used a older Rubbernecker Stamps golf themed sentiment.