Saturday, November 6, 2021

Gingerbread Hugs

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being a brand new month, it's time to introduce a new challenge hostess which is ME!

Home Sweet Home - Create a card that features a house/house or any element you might find on a house … door, window, roof etc.


I have been wanting to play with Karen Burniston's Gingerbread House Add-on die set which goes with the Tiny House Pop-up die set, so I decided to pull that out to use for today's challenge as it works with this challenge.



Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


I created a Slimline card with a 3/4 front.

To create my card I cut two pieces of red cardstock for the base. The back measures 3 5/8 inches x 8 5/8 inches. The front is 3 5/8 inches x 6 inches, I then scored along the long side of this panel at 1/2 inch to adhere this panel to the back panel.


To decorate my card I die cut Karen Burniston's Merry Christmas and Merry Christmas Shadow dies using the gingerbread colored cardstock, I layered them  together and then used a white gel pen to outline the letters to give the sentiment a gingerbread look. I borrowed this idea from Karen Burniston's Assembly Video she created for the Gingerbread House Add-on.

I also added a large gingerbread man which is from the Winter Charms die set.


On the right side of my card, I added the "Candy Cane Wishes Gingerbread Hugs" sentiment which is an older stamp from my stash from Penny Black. I white embossed the sentiment and then layered it with white cardstock.

I added the street lantern from the Street Lantern Pop-up die set which I added to the end of the card and two smaller gingerbread men. These were positioned onto my card, so that it could be seen when the card is closed.


For the front of the card, I added some Gingerbread House patterned paper to the 3/4 sized panel. I didn't want to hid too much of the patterned paper, so I just added a small sentiment. The sentiment is from an older Waltzing Mouse Stamps stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Other Supplies:

Candy Cane Wishes Stamp - Penny Black (discontinued)

Christmas Cottage Stamp Set - Waltzing Mouse Stamps (discontinued)




No comments: