Monday, August 23, 2021

Happy Halloween


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a Halloween themed pop-up card I created using a few of the new dies released by Karen Burniston earlier this month.


Here is a quick video so you can see the pop-up portion of the card in action.


My card today uses two of the new dies that were released this month along with three dies which are from previous Karen Burniston releases.

First up ... the Iron Fence, this die was previously available from Elizabeth Craft Designs shortly before Karen left that company and started up her own company. Many people have been asking for this die set to be released again, and finally Karen has done just that. 

I decided to use the Iron Fence to create a Halloween themed card, you can see the fence on the right hand side of the card has a rounded look when the card is open as this is the pop-up part of the card.

To decorate my card I used the previously released Halloween Scene die set to create the graveyard scene and the bat. The ghosts are from the Halloween Elements die set which is also a previously released die set. The crow which is sitting on the fence is included in the Iron Fence Pop-up die set and can be colored to work for different occasions.


I kept the front of the card fairly simple seeing the focus of the card is on the inside. I repeated a number of elements that I used on the inside of the card, including the Iron Fence along the bottom, the designer paper, this is what was let after using a 6 x 8 sheet on the inside of the card and the bat.

I added the new Happy Halloween sentiment die over a white circle from the Crosshatch Circles die set. The circle represents the moon, hence the bat above the sentiment. 

To finish off the front of the card I added the pair of hands which is also from the Halloween Elements die set.

















1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Halloween is the perfect opportunity to use the Iron Fence.