Saturday, August 14, 2021

Rainbow Crayons Teacher Card

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

t’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Rebecca Ednie our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges.

For our challenge this week, Rebecca has asked us to make an encouragement card for a kid going back to school. 


Here in Australia, the kids aren't going back to school they are almost 3/4 the way into their school year. So rather than make an encouragement card for a kid, I decided to make a Teacher thank you card. I need to make a number of these before the end of the year for my grandchildren to give to their teachers. This card could be used for either a kid or teacher ... just change the sentiments I used.

To create my card I started by stamping out the crayons from Sunny Studio Stamps Color My World Stamp and coordinating die set. The crayon requires a number of layers using a number of shades of the same color. While I was making the crayons, I also stamped pencils and paint brushes at the same time. So I am sure you will see cards made with those in the future too. The crayons aren't perfect, but I think they will pass.

I have created a Slimline Shaker Card using Trinity Stamps Slimline Star Trio die. I stencils a panel of white cardstock using Picket Fence Studios Slimline Dashes Stencil using inks in rainbow colors to match the crayons. I then die cut this panel using the Slimline Star Trio die.

I covered the star openings with acetate and then added chunky glitter to each of the stars before adhering to a top folding Slimline card.

I added the crayons to the top of the star openings and also added two sentiments which are from Sunny Studio Stamps Teacher Appreciation Stamp set.


For the inside of the card I created another panel using the Picket Fence Studios Slimline Dashes Stencil. The panel was cut in half and adhered to each edge of the inside of my card.

I created a pop-up card using pop up dies from Karen Burniston. The sentiment panel uses the Katherine Label Pop-up die set to which I added the sentiment using stamps from the Sunny Studio Stamps Teacher Appreciation stamp set. The crayons on either side of the sentiment are popped up using the pop up die from the Street Lantern Pop-up die set, this is a  new die just released earlier this week and I know I will be using the pop-up die a lot in the future.


Here is another view of the inside of my card, so you can see the pop-up elements of my card a little better.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.







2 comments:

Lois said...

That's a really cool card, Frances. I love the shaker elements on the front and the "rainbows" both front and inside.

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, how fun - great card!