Thursday, August 26, 2021

You're Top Dog


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. As challenge hostess for the month, I finish off the month with one last challenge.

Today is Dog Day! For our challenge today, include an image of a dog on your card.

Recently I have seen a lot of Pinwheel Tower Cards around the internet, so I decided to give it a try. It's hard to tell by the photo above, my card measures 4 1/4 inches high and when flattened is 5 1/2 inches so will fit into a normal sized envelope.

To decorate the front of my card, I used Art Impressions Dog Mouthful stamp set for the dog and sentiment on the side panel. The Bark is from Lawn Fawn's Critter Chatter stamp set, which is die cut using one of the speech bubbles from the Comic Speech Bubbles die set from Whimsy Stamps.


For the next section of my card, I used three of the sentiments from Lawn Fawn's Critter Chatter stamp set which I layered using oval dies. 

The "woof" and bones are from Whimsy Stamps Puppy Paws die set. 


Next up I stamped another sentiment which is from the Art Impressions stamp set I used for the front of my card. I used a larger oval for this section, so that there is a space for a hand written greeting.

I added the dog bowl which is from Whimsy Stamps Slimline Dog Bone die set.

I stamped a few of the sentiments from the Critter Chatter stamp set onto one of the die cut bones for the side panel.


For the last section, I used an older Rubbernecker Stamps sentiment. I added a couple of die cut paws from an older MFT Stamps die set.

I layered the "Pawtay" die cut sentiment onto a bone for the side panel. Both these dies are from the Whimsy Stamps Puppy Paws die set.


Here is a look at my card when it is flattened ready to be placed in an envelope. Mine is a tiny bit bulky, but I think it will still work for normal postage.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



Other Supplies:
Dog Mouthful Stamp Set - Art Impressions (discontinued)
"Paws"itivity - Rubbernecker (discontinued)
Pets Woof 6 x 6 Patterned Paper - Whimsy Stamps (discontinued)














 

4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this sensational doggy tower card, Frances!! What a great birthday design!

Lois said...

That is such a cool card! Who doesn't love a cute doggie, and the card itself is very clever. Gonna have to give it a try!

Liz Williams said...

I will have to try making one of these tower cards some day, Frances It is so cute and that birthday pooch really gets his message across in such a cute and creative way!

MiamiKel said...

Frances this is amazing! What a terrific fold and so bright and fun!