Sunday, August 15, 2021

Mermaid Wishes

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am share a mermaid themed Slimline Pop up card I created recently.

To create my card I used papers from Craft Consortium's Ink Drops - Vivid 12 x 12 paper pad. This paper is so beautiful and it looks like an alcohol ink effect complete with gold in places. My friend has been using it a fair bit on her cards lately, so when I saw it was available from my local store I had to get a pad.

The mermaid uses a new Slimline stamp from Stampendous called Mermaid. I stamped the image onto a panel of the patterned paper and also onto white cardstock. I cut out the mermaid from the white cardstock panel. colored it and mounted it over the patterned paper image.

I added a "mermaid" sentiment using Honey Bee Stamps Mermaid Song stamp set, this set looks like it is going to be discontinued soon, but last I looked there were a few left. This is always my go to stamp set for sentiments for Mermaid themed cards.


For the inside of my card I created a pop-up card using Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up die set. I added two more sentiments from the Honey Bee Stamps stamp set to both the labels.

I added borders to the left and right edges of my card using the same patterned paper as the front which I die cut using a Slimline die set from Dare 2B Artzy.







2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Glad you got your paper! Lovely card.

eunice said...

BEAUTIFUL! Amazing coloring skills and perfect papers for a deep ocean backdrop!