Sunday, August 8, 2021

Gnome Christmas


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a Christmas themed Mini Slimline card I created recently. This card uses some of the new Karen Burniston dies that is being released on Monday 9th August. It looks like I have finally made a start on making Christmas cards for this year!


My card today uses the new Street Lantern Pop-up die set. I am loving this new die and have used it on a number of my cards recently as either a pop-up or a flat element on the card. The die set gives you a number of options on how the street lantern can look ... either a single lantern or triple as is the case for my card today. There are also a number of decorative die elements included in the die set. The swag along the top of the card was created using dies included in this die set.


I created three gnomes which are from another of the new dies sets ... Tiny Gnomes. Two of the dies included in this set allow you to ink up the die to get a stamped effect when you die cut it. The two dies that allow you to do this is the gnomes beard and the plaits.

The two gnomes that are popped up on the back of the card use one of the angled pop up dies from the Mini Pops Pop-up die set.

I added the Merry Christmas sentiment to the base of my card. As I have created a Mini Slimline Card, the width of my card is 3.5 inches, if my card had been wider I would have added the new Merry Christmas Shadow under the sentiment.


For the front of the card I added another swag along the top of the card, using dies from the Street Lantern Pop-up die set.

I added another gnome to the bottom portion of the card which is layered using ovals from the Ovals - Crosshatch die set.











 

4 comments:

Lani said...

Beautiful! Love the use of the mini-gnomes.

Karen Aicken said...

OMGosh - so cute!

Tammy said...

What a cute card!

Nicole said...

What a beautiful card. I am in love with the gnomes. I can't wait until mine come so I can have fun. Thanks much.