Saturday, August 7, 2021

Camp Believe

Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being a brand new month it's time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Rebecca Ednie.

 It’s the peak of summer in the northern hemisphere so sun’s rays beats down on us. Make a card or other project using rays but they don’t just have to be from the sun! Any ray shapes on your project are fine.


For my card today, I started by creating the "rays" background using Picket Fence Studios Slimline Rising Sun Stencil. I blended yellow shades of ink using Catherine Pooler Designs Shea Butter; Catching Rays and Sauna inks. This panel was then die cut to fit a 8 1/2 inch x 3 1/2 inch Slimline card using Picket Fence Studios Slimline Die Cutting System.

The grass was created by using Lawn Fawn's Slimline Grassy Hillside Borders which I die cut from white cardstock and then colored using Citron and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks.

To decorate the card I used Lawn Fawn stamps ... Den Sweet Den & S'more the Merrier. I also used dies from Build A Campsite & Forest Backdrop.


For the inside of the card I created two more panels using the Picket Fence Studios Slimline Rising Sun Stencil, which I added to both edges of my card.

I used the pop-up die from Karen Burniston's Street Lantern Pop-up die set to pop up the trees and tent.


To finish off the card I added a birthday sentiment which is from MFT Stamps "Adorable Adventures" stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.







2 comments:

R's Rue said...

So cute 😊

Karen Aicken said...

Great camping card ... and a slimline too!