Saturday, August 28, 2021

Pumpkin Head Halloween Pop-up

Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Rebecca Ednie, our challenge hostess for the month finishes off the month with one last challenge.

What’s in season to eat at your farmers market? Make a card inspired by your local harvest. Even if it’s 6 months ago for the Southern Hemisphere. You can but don’t necessarily have to use the actual fruit or veg. You can just use the colours or textures. Like pink and green or pink with black dots for watermelon. Yellow plaid or use a square stencil for corn etc. Leave us a note with your inspiration!

When I was thinking about what to create for this challenge, I realised I already had something made that would work perfectly for this challenge. As I had made it using some of the new dies from Karen Burniston's August release earlier in the month. So the harvest vegetable I decided to use was pumpkins! 

For my card today I have created a Halloween themed pop-up card, featuring a Jack O Lantern which are carved from pumpkins.

Here is a quick video to see my card in action.


To create the pumpkin on my card I used Karen Burniston's Bitty Ball Pop-up and Character Add-ons die sets. I die cut the base of the pumpkin using two different shades of orange and then added the face and stem using black and green cardstock.

I used the largest square die from the Squares - Crosshatch die set to die cut the patterned papers on my card, this was layered to black cardstock and then to each side of my square side folding card.

On the left hand panel, I added the "Boo" sentiment which is from the Halloween Elements die set and layered using the smallest oval from the Ovals - Crosshatch die set.


I kept the front of the card fairly simple, seeing the focus of the card was on the inside. I added another panel of the pumpkin patterned paper.


I added the belly band to my card to help keep it closed when needed. This was created by wrapping a strip of cardstock around the card loosely, layering the different colors and patterned paper.

I added the "Happy Halloween" sentiment to the front of the belly band which used the new Happy Halloween die set.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.















1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Fun card for Halloween