Sunday, June 1, 2008

New Stamp Cabinet

Well as promised here are the photos of my new shelving/cabinet to store some of my stamps, papers and other miscellaneous supplies.

There is still some work needed to be done to finish this cabinet .... first up there will be sliding doors fitted to the front on the long portion so that everything is hidden .... something I am looking forward to. There are a few other cosmetic things like wood beading and stuff like that .... but the main thing is that they are usable ... the rest will come in a few weeks or so. There will also be some sort of door on the short piece at the corner of the shelves ... not sure what but my DH does which is all that really matters.

This unit sits upon my stamp cupboards ..... it is only the top section which we are remodelling. Right now it may look a bit of a mish mash in that the top is white and the bottom is wood .... when everything is finished they will both look the same.

This is just phase one of the remodelling .... there are more shelves to be remodelled on the other side of the room.

This photo shows my paper storage area. These open portion stores all my A4 card (approx 8.5 inches x 11.5" card). The drawers on the left of the A4 card area is for my DP. I so love these drawers!


This section stores my stamps ... the 2 & 1 inch drawers are for wood mounted stamps ... and the folders at the top part store some of my unmounted stamps. As you can see I still need to get a few more 1 inch drawers which I will get next week.

It was a little harder to get a good photo of the corner part of this area. The corner section on the right stores more um stamps at the top. Embellishments like brads, eyelets, buttons etc. Punches are stored in the yellow drawers .... templates and various other stamping tools in the bottom section ... I also need a few more 2 inch drawers ... these 6 drawers will store various bits and pieces.

Turning the corner are plastic drawers which store various other items used for stamping.

Well that is it for now ..... I am so happy with my new system it looks much tidier than what I had before and as my stamping area is located in a main area of my house I would prefer it to look tidy. Of course it will look even better once it is all finished.

16 comments:

Michelle Adams said...

Wow Frances - this looks like a terrific set-up! I only wish I could be so organized!!! ;0)

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow Frances, it's beautiful, lucky you.

Tracy.H said...

All I can say is...WOW! :0)

Michelle Tech said...

OMG, this is heaven! You are so lucky! These units came from where? I love the shallow stamp storage drawers. Wow. Wow.

Sarah Green said...

Okay I just said about ten bad words starting with holy sh** this is a dream room and I soooooooo want it for myself!!!!!! you are one luck girl!!!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Wow! I love your room and new storage!

Teresa said...

LOVE the room. Where did you get the system?

Teresa

Trish Myers said...

Holey Moley Frances ... that's amazing, an absolutely incredible transformation. Can't wait to see it finished and in real life. I love it and I'm soooooo jealous.

Trish

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Holy Carp, Frances! This is incredibly beautiful!!! I can only imagine how awesome it is for you to sit down and stamp in that room now. Mr. Owl is amazing. Congrats!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my word Frances! This is a fabulous stamp room! That storage system is wonderful. I love how neat and tidy it all is but easily accessible!! TFS!

Val said...

Wow! What a fantastic stamping area you have. The new storage is "to die for"!! You are so lucky!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I just sit here and *drool* over the storage system! Is it very expensive? One day, I would love to get these.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is fabulous!! It's a really neat set-up! Your DH is very good with the tools! Lucky you! Enjoy!

Denise Clark said...

Absolutely stunning! Love it! I am a major "organizer" and I would spend days playing with this! Wonderful!

Denise

Diane said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I am sooo jealous!!! Nice room!!!

Anonymous said...

Frances your room looks fab -Did your DH make this for you if so do you hire him out ????

You are certainly super organised now, thanks for sharing with us

Kerrie