Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thank You Twistaflex

I am a bit late posting today as I spent the day at a club I go to once a month. Here is the project we did today ... mine is a little different to most of the others as I varied mine a little to create what I call a "Twistaflex" card ... some of you might know it as a Triangle Trifold .... I learnt them many years ago with the "Twistaflex" name and that is what I prefer to call them. If you have ever made them you will notice that if you hold the bottom left corner with your left hand & the top right corner with your right hand ... that all you need to do then is twist it to open ... hence the name! I will try and get some time in the next couple of days to make the version my friends at club did as that also had some fun ideas.

The DP I used here is actually from an origami book I purchased quite cheaply last year ... it is a think book and on side has instructions for different origami folds & on the reverse is this wonderful DP ... there were about 5 or so different patterns throughout the book ... as I purchased the book more for the DP then the origami folds I don't feel too guilty pulling out a page or two.


Here is the inside of my card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Artfully Asian - SU
Paper: White; Blue; Gold; Oriental DP
Other: Black Ink; Gold Brilliance Ink; Square Nestabilities; Gold Ribbon


9 comments:

CreativeMish said...

This is very pretty! I love the papers you used.

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Frances, I love that paper, cool.

Val said...

Wonderful card. I love the paper you chose to use...fabulous!

Monica-FC said...

I love how you made this card. any chance of a tutorial on it?? thos is great and I love the paper you choose also. so nice and bright.

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the twistaflex!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Very pretty, love the blue!

Allison Rankin said...

This is so dramatic Frances...love the color palette and that DP!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!!! Love the design and the beautiful colors!!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE the colors and origami papers on this - what a wonderful little thank you note!