Monday, June 16, 2008

Dino-Mite Day!

Here is my card for this week's My Favorite Things sketch challenge over at the MFT Members forum of SCS. This week I decided to play with the stamps in the "Dino-Mite" set ... I have played with them for a while and they are sooooooo much fun!!

Of course as I playing with dinosaurs I also had to dig out my Basic Grey Archaic DP ... what could go better with dinosaurs then this DP ... hehe!

I used my long scallop nestablities to layer my dinosaur image ... I cut it apart so I could shorten it a little to get the size I needed.

I wanted real rust ribbon but of course there isn't any ... so I made my own using white grosgrain ribbon and my alcohol pen. I added paper piercing corners to the top corners of my dinosaur panel. I cut a stripe of paper 1cm wide and stamped my sentiment in that ... and then used the word window punch to round both ends.

Recipe:
Stamps: Dino-Mite - MFT
Paper: White; Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip & Real Rust - SU; Archaic DP - Basic Grey
Other: Black Ink; Real Rust SU Ink; Distressed Stripes & Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folders; Long Rectangle Nestabilities; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Rust Brads; Paper Piercing Mat & Tool; Word Window Punch; Foam Tape


3 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Frances, thanks for doing my sketch, you rocked it.

Jody Morrow said...

This card is adorable! I love the color combo!

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I adore this card! Great colors, great layout, great textures!