Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lasting Joy!

I had been hoping I would get a change to do this week's Mojo Monday sketch that Julee of Poetic Artistry hosts each week. Late last night I discovered what the color challenge was on SCS well I knew both would work well together ... so before going to bed I sat down and created my card.

I seldom use kraft card ... I am not sure why because the look is quite effective I just don't so if was fun using it for this card. BTW I almost forgot to tell you what the colors were for this week's color challenge .... soft sky, kraft and black.

I sponged the edges of the kraft panel that the bird is stamped onto using soft sky SU ink. I used the soft sky designer prints DP for the back panel ... this is actually one whole piece ... I used some black tape I had to create all my black bands ... much easier than trying to line up all those small panels and get them even. I knew I would "need" that tape one day LOL!

I will be back later today with my card for this week's sketch challenge ... can't wait to play!

Recipe:
Stamps: Birds Galore - Inkadinkadoo; Sentiment - Love To Stamp
Paper: Black; Soft Sky, Soft Sky DP & Kraft - SU
Other: Black Ink; Soft Sky SU Ink; Black Brads; Rectangle Nestabilities; Black Tape; Foam Tape



7 comments:

Janine said...

This is just beautiful!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This card is quite elegant. Colours work for me too. Annie

Whimsey said...

VERY elegant!!

CreativeMish said...

I love the way you put this card together! The colors really add to it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Elegant cards are my favorites, and this one is certainly that...just beautiful! :-)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So elegant and graceful. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)