Monday, June 2, 2008

You Bring The Ice Cream!


Happy Monday everyone! This week I will be sharing with you all some MFTeasers of the new stamps which will be released by My Favorite Things this Wednesday 4th June. This first card I am sharing with you all uses the new set called "Here's the Scoop".

I combined two challenges to create this card. First up it is this week's MFT sketch challenge over on the MFT Member Forum of SCS.

It is also my CCEE challenge I do with my goofy CCEE friends on SCS ... this week our challenge was paper piecing. I paper pieced the blouse the girl is wearing using the same dotted paper thst I used on the back panel of the card.

This reminds me .... my CCEE friends and I have started our own special blog, called CCEE Stampers. Each Monday we will be uploading our CCEE challenge cards onto that blog so that they are all together in one spot. Don't forget to check out what the others did for this challenge.

I selected a pink & brown color scheme for this card using various shades of pinks & browns. The scallop rectangle was created using my rectangle nestabilities ... cutting two rectangles and then joining them to get the width I needed. The circle is also created using nestabilities .... I also used my swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture. The ribbon was white that I colored using my copic markers.


My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, June 4 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. Lots of fun is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on SCS to find out all the details and we hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

Recipe:
Stamps: Here's the Scoop Set - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Pretty In Pink, Cameo Coral, Closely Cocoa & Chocolate Chip - SU; Striped DP - Imaginisce; Dotted DP - Unknown
Other: Black Ink; Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Circle & Rectangle Nestabilities; White Grosgrain Ribbon; Brown Brads; Copic Markers; Foam Tape


6 comments:

Lisa T. said...

This card is fab! Love that stamp - can't wait to see the set. The colours are wonderful.

Cindy Haffner said...

Lookin' so yummy girl.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Beautiful job Frances. I love this new one

Shannan Teubner said...

This is so awesome...I love the colors! YUM!

Linda Carson said...

Excellent, excellent!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is beautiful!! Love the colors and all the layers - so much to look at! I think I hear ice cream calling my name, lol. tfs