Friday, June 27, 2008

Merry Moosemas!

This is officially my first Christmas card I have made for this year .... one down ??? to go haha!

Ok some of you are probably thinking how can this be your first Christmas card cause we saw your Thomas Kinkade one you made on Saturday ... simple!!!!!! I made this card BEFORE I made the other card/cards ... I have since made more cards similar to the one I posted on Saturday. This card however was made last Wednesday when the SC came out on SCS .... it was made as a sample for the Pajama party that was held on the Hanna Stamps member forums f SCS last Friday.

After doing the SCS sketch challenge from last week I remembered I had this little scene all stamped out waiting to be made into a card and decided that it would work perfectly with that sketch so set to work making my card.

I used the snowflakes cuttlebug embossing folder to add texture to the red base card. The snowflakes were die cut using a cuttlebug snowflake die, using white glitter card I found at a recent papercrafts show. The sentiment is from the new "words Riley would say" these are fun sentiments that work well with all the Riley Moose images.

Recipe:
Stamps: Tree Riley, Snowman Riley & Words Riley Would Say - Hanna Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Real Red, Tempting Turquoise & Garden Green - SU
Other: Black Ink; Red Grosgrain Ribbon; Red Brads; Snowflake Die; Snowflake Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Clear Glitter Glue; Foam Tape


10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So precious Frances.

Shelly said...

Too cute Frances!

Jennifer Love said...

Oh this is just great! My new Rileys are here and I can barely wait to play..hehe!

Amber (bambi64) said...

Guess I'll just have to take your word for it!! hehehe Great card. Love it.

Linda Carson said...

Adorable!

Diane said...

Oh that is sooooo cute! You did a great job Frances!!!

Andrea said...

Great christmas-card!
xAndrea

Alex said...

Hi Frances, I found your blog through Rose Ann's and I am so very glad I did - you make gorgeous creations!! This Riley Moose card is stinkin' adorable, totally cute and perfect for Christmas! I can check back often now that I have found your blog!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Judy in Indiana said...

These guys look so great together, I am going to use this idea for sure. (Hope you don't mind.)

marshan said...

I recently discovered your blog, and I love it. The inspiration is never-ending. However, my husband doesn't like it very much...since I have discovered many, many more stamps through your blog! Pink Cat Studio...Gina K.....Hanna Stamps...and all the rest! :)

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE ALL the Riley cards!!! I'm getting some of those!