Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What's Up Cupcake!

What's Up Cupcake is another of the new sets to be released by My Favorite Things on Wednesday 4th June. This is such a fun set the stand, the cupcakes, the icing and sprinkles are all separate stamps which allows you to create different looks to your cupcakes.

This card is a variation to a spring card ... normally with the spring card the back of the card as you see it here would actually be on the table and the top square/diamond would "spring" up and down. When I was at a friends last week for a club I go to, another friend came up with this variation ... so I thought I would try it with my cupcake stamps.

The card is actually created using an A4 card, it is cut down the centre and first using a series of folds the spring is created. The remaining half of the card is folded in half and attached to the back to create a longer back ... this part is optional.


Here you can see the card with the "spring" portion of the card open ... for this card I sandwiched the brown scallop square between two green squares which was slipped into the opposite side of the spring and adhered. You could put a sentiment in the very centre ... but I just left mine as it is for now.

This shows the inside of the card when open ... I added two rows of grosgrain ribbon to the right edge of the card ... again you could add a sentiment or leave it blank to write in.

My Favorite Things is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, June 4 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. LOTS of fun (and a surprise release) is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on SCS to find out all the details and we hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

Recipe:
Stamps: What's Up Cupcake - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Gable Green & Chocolate Chip - SU
Other: Chocolate Chip SU Ink; Oval & Square Nestabilities; Brown Grosgrain Ribbon



8 comments:

Michelle Tech said...

I love this innovative card! Great job!

CreativeMish said...

I love your cupcakes!! so cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

Too cool, love it.

Shannan Teubner said...

How fun, Frances! I love them!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I commented on this card on SCS but now I'm glad I came to your blog to find out how much more there is to this card! It's fabulous!!! Lots of fun here :) Thanks for the instructions, too!

Denise Clark said...

Love the way this card opens!

Denise

jane said...

I love this card....where do I go to find the instructions or demo?

Anonymous said...

Do you a tutorial or specific directions on how you did this variation on the Spring Card. I have made a Spring card but it looks like you used additional pieces of cardstock. Can you give me some kind of instructions - I absolutely love this variation and cannot figure it out. Thanks so much
Donna