Thursday, June 26, 2008

Is It Nine Months Yet!

I have a friend who is pregnant who can probably relate to this card ... haha ... and she still has a few month to go before she is at 9 months! (wave to Kimme!)

One of the challenges at the Hanna Stamps pajama party last week was an inspiration challenge ... the inspiration piece were 3 pair of pajama's and we were to use one of those to inspire our card.

I went with the pair that had green, blue and a touch of purple in them. I wanted to make a card using both these Riley & Sophie stamps that were released last week so I decided to make a shadow box card.

I used the lattice background from Cornish Heritage Farms to create the background on the green card. I paper pieced the dress Sophie is wearing. All circles were created using the circle nestabilities dies.

Recipe:
Stamps: Pregnant Sophie & Stroller Riley - Hanna Stamps; Lattice Backgrounder - CHF; Sentiment - MissyB Designs
Paper: White; Gable Green; Orchid Opulence - SU
Other: Black Ink; Cool Caribbean SU Ink; Circle Nestabilities; Word Window Punch; Flowers; Blue Brads; Foam Tape


And my final card I made for the pajama party challenges ... is for the Getting Punchy challenge ... to use at least two punches on your card. I used an oval & designer label punch for my sentiment on this one .... I also used the petite oval nestabilites ... not use if I can count them as punch or not but they are fairly similar to punches right.

Poor Riley isn't feeling the best here ... but hopefully with some tender loving care he will "Feel Better" soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Get Well Riley - Hanna Stamps; Splatter Background - Printworks; Sentiment - Papertrey Ink
Paper: White; Kraft, Black & Always Artichoke - SU; DP - K& Co
Other: Black Ink; Always Artichoke SU Ink; Oval Punch; Designer Label Punch; Petite Oval Nestabilies; Black Brads; Foam Tape



6 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

I love your shadow box card. I need to find some more time to stamp - I've been bogged down with life, workingout and work!

Kimme said...

Awe1 And yes....I can totally relate to this card. Labor Day (literally) can't get here fast enough. Thanks for thinking of me Hoots!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh these are so sweet, love Riley.

Janette said...

so cute Frances! I love how you used the 2 Sophies on the first card- great idea.

Holly Young said...

both of these Riley cards are so cute! Love the pregnant Sophie!

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the baby card. It is just so soft and sweet! Thank so much for sharing! -- Deedee