Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oriental Fold Out Card

On Thursday I post a "Thank You Twistaflex" card that I made at stamp club that day. That card wasn't exactly what we were supposed to be doing ... but it was what I ended up doing which was a variation of sorts of what we should have done.

Well anyway ... I decided I would make what we should have done after all ... and here is the end results ... I have a few taken quite a few photos cause I wanted you to see it properly. In the photo above I have turned it on its side so that the girl is standing upright.

Here it is again ... sitting as it would if it was sitting on your table . The DP I used here is another from the origami book I used the other day ... it has some fantastic papers in it.

This card is slightly bigger then the card I made the other day .... it measures 12.5cm (5inches) square when closed, so you need something larger than the standard size card or paper to create it as it needs to be 37.5cm x 12.5cm (15inches x 5 inches).


I took this photo to show you how the little girl is attached to the narrow piece of card that helps keep the card closed. This can also be used as a bookmark at a later stage if desired. The word window punch was used to punch out the slots that the girl panel slips into. Some of the
other girls at club used ribbon instead of the narrow strip of card.

The small horizontal slot punch would also work especially on a smaller size card and your could thread ribbon. The coins are actually brads that I attached to my panel.

Here is the card open ... which will help you work out how I made it ... as you can see it is really 3 panels evenly divided and folded. The right & left panels are both cut diagonally from the top left to the bottom right corners to create the front of the card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Girl - Hanko Designs; Scene - Stamp It (Aust); Sentiment - Rubbernecker
Paper: White; Red; Gold; Oriental DP
Other: Black Ink; Ruby Red SU Ink; Oriental Coin Brads; Word Window Punch; Foam Tape


13 comments:

Michelle Adams said...

So cute & creative! TFS Frances!

Cindy Haffner said...

How cool, and love that paper, TFS.

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Wow, Frances! This card is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow... Frances
wunderschön!!!!!!

Diane said...

Very pretty Frances!!!

SusanBluerobot said...

WOW WOW WOW love this one

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!!! The colors are perfect and I love the *bookmark* idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Holly Young said...

oh this little card packs a lot of punch! I love the idea of the bookmark. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Holly
hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

Han said...

Wow this is stunning xx

Mary said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!

Mary

Denise Clark said...

Love the mechanics of the card and also the looks! Very nice!

Denise

Anonymous said...

This is totally adorable and super creative! Love the little bookmark! Kheila

Julia Aston said...

This is wonderful Frances! love the tab that holds the card closed - what a terrific design! love the Asian theme!