Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Hog Wild Father's Day

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a Father's Day themed Mini Slimline card to share with you today using stamps, dies and stencils from Divinity Designs.

I  know Father's Day was last month in the USA and other parts of the Northern Hemisphere, but where I live in Australia it isn't until September. As I have to make a number of cards for Father's Day this card was a perfect opportunity to add another to my stash.


To create the Mini Slimline portion of the card, I used Mini Slimline  dies from Divinity Designs which include ... Mini Slimline Card Base; Mini Slimline Layering Rectangles and Mini Slimline Rectangles.

To create the stencilled background which on this card is the sky, I die cut a piece of light blue cardstock using the largest rectangle from the Mini Slimline Layering Rectangles die set and then used the new Slimline Netting Mixed Media Stencil and the new blending brushes from Divinity Designs to blend various blue inks  through the stencil.

Along the bottom of this panel I added some grass using the Grass Hill die set. The Fence was created using the Farm Fence die.

I added the pickup truck to the lower right hand side of the card, using the Pickup Truck die set.

I used the pig from the Hog Wild Stamp/Die Duos set to add the pig to the left side of my card and the sentiment.

I used one of the sentiment strips from the Sentiment Strip with Layers die set to die cut the sentiment.


For the inside of the card I used the Mini Slimline Layering Rectangles and Mini Slimline Rectangles die set to add the layers. I created another stencilled panel to add to the bottom of the card using the Slimline Netting Mixed Media Stencil.

I added two of the sentiments included in the stamp set as well as another of the pig images.


I created a coordinating envelope for my card using the new Mini Slimline Envelope die set.

I added stencilling to the top flap to coordinate with the front and inside of my card.

I added another pig image and sentiment to the lower left hand corner of my card.