Saturday, July 31, 2021

Birthday Wishes Hooray


Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. As challenge hostess for the month I finish off the month with one last challenge.

Just like Slimline Cards, Mini Slimline Cards are also becoming very popular, for our challenge this week create a Mini Slimline card. Typically Mini Slim Line Cards are either 3 1/2 inches x 6 inches or 3 inches x 6 inches. More info on Mini Slimline cards can be found in the files section of the Slimline Card Addicts Facebook Group.


For my card today I created my Mini Slimline card using Stitched Mini Slimline dies from Trinity Stamps which I recently received. I used rainbow papers from Whimsy Stamps to create the background of my card.

I used Mama Elephant's Birthday Wishes sentiment die set to create my large sentiment on the front of my card, as you can see it is perfect for Mini Slimline & Slimline cards. I die cut the sentiment twice, once from white cardstock and once from black and then layered the two together to create a shadow effect.

I used some of the cute animals from Hello Bluebird's Word Buddies Woodland Stamp set to decorate the front of the card.


For the inside of my card I created a pop-up card using Lawn Fawn's Pop-up Hooray die set. I used more rainbow papers from Whimsy Stamps to add a border to both edges of my card. 

I added a few more of the animals to the top of the pop-up.



I added the "It's Your Birthday" sentiment to the bottom right of the pop-up which is from an older Simon Says Stamp/Reverse Confetti Stamptember stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.





Other Supplies:
Celebrate Your Day Stamptember  Stamp Set - Simon Says Stamp/Reverse Confetti (discontinued)













 

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

So bright, cheery and fun