Monday, July 26, 2021

Happy Birthday To You

Hi Crafty Friends,

I have a floral themed Slimline birthday card to share with you today.

For the slimline portion of my card I used Trinity Stamps new Slimline Striped Frame die set to create the black and white striped border around the edge of the card. While making this card, I discovered that the smallest rectangle die included in Lawn Fawn's Large Slimline with Sliders die set fits inside the solid white panel left after die cutting the frame. As I wanted to pop the smaller rectangle up from the frame I die cut this from white cardstock and then layered to a slightly larger rectangle panel. I splattered pink ink over the white panel. 

To decorate my card I added the flower using Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers: Cone Flower die set. I added a birthday sentiment using the Miss You Big Time stamp set.


For the inside of the card, I added the Slimline Striped Frame again. As this had to be adhered to the inside of the card, I trimmed a sliver of card off each of the long borders to help it fit inside the card.

I used the "hooray" sentiment which is also included in the Slimline Striped Frame die set, die cutting this sentiment from pink and black cardstock and layering the two together offsetting slightly. I added the "It's Your Birthday" which is from MFT Stamps Bitty Birthday Sentiments stamp set.









1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Wonderful card! I just received this striped border Slimline die, so I appreciate your tips.