Thursday, July 8, 2021

Dotsy

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lois Bak our challenge hostess for the month, continues to issue the challenges.

Apparently today is Lois' sister’s birthday. So in her honour we are to use something on our card that begins with each letter in her name, which is DOTSY.


I started creating this card by using the colors that go with "O" and "Y" which is Olive, Orange and Yellow. Once I have figured that part out, the card progressed from there.

Here is what I used for each of the letters:
D - Dog and Dies
O - Olive; Orange; Owl
T - Trees; Thought Bubble
S - Slimline Card; Sentiment; Sign; Squirrels; Stamps
Y - Yellow


To create my card I used Distress Oxide inks in yellows and oranges to create the sky background.

For the slimline card I used Slimline dies from Lawn Fawn including Large Slimline with Sliders; Slimline Grassy Hillside Borders.  The trees in the background are Lawn Fawn's Lift The Flap Trees die set. Inside the peek a boo openings I added an Owl and two squirrels. 

To decorate my card I used images from MFT Stamps Adorable Adventures stamp set.  I added the sign to the lower right hand corner of the card. The dog is from another MFT Stamps stamp set.

I added the thought bubble to the girl using the Lawn Fawn Thought Bubble Reveal Wheel Add-on die set.


For the inside of my card, I created a pop-up card using Lawn Fawn's Hooray Pop-up die set and the Oliver's ABC to add the colored letters to the pop-up.

I added a grass border using Lawn Fawn's Slimline Grassy Hillside Borders die set to the bottom edge and the fold on either side of the pop-up.

I used more of the images that I used on the front of the card.

Along the top edge of my card I added a cloud border using Honey Bee Stamps Horizon Slimline Borders die set.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

 

3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

What a great take on that challenge!

Lois said...

Good job on the challenge. I told my sister to check out our blog today.

Lynn McAuley said...

Such an awesome birthday forest!! I love the owl and squirrels peeking out of all the tree trucks. So many remarkable details on this slimline masterpiece, Frances!!