Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Chill Out Mason Jar Card

 

Hi Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing a fun Mason Jar shaped Slimline Shaker Card I created recently. 

This card uses Elizabeth Craft Designs Mason Jar Kit, which included dies and stamps to allow you to create Planner pages as well as Slimline cards.

As I per cards to planners, I created a Slimline card. This card will fit in a #10 envelope. The kit includes all the dies to die cut the Mason Jar, the penguins, trees and ice/sauce as well as a few other dies. So for my first card using the kit i decided to use mostly what was included in the kit.

I created a side folding card with the lid at the bottom of the card by placing the folded cardstock just in from the cutting line of the side of the die. 

For the sky area, I used the inner die included in the kit, to die cut a piece of blue paper included in Lawn Fawn's Watercolor Wishes 12 x 12 Paper.

I die cut the trees from green cardstock and the icicle die from white glitter, it's hard to see it in my card as the penguins and trees hide a lot of it, but it is there.

I die cut another of the mason jars, this time with the inner panel included to die cut a piece of cream corrugated card which I used for the front of the mason jar. I added a piece of acetate to cover the opening which keeps the glittered stars inside the skater area of the card.

The birthday sentiment is from a freebie stamp set I got some years ago from a magazine.

After creating the shaker card, I added the second penguin to the outside of the card. The lid of the jar is created using dark grey mirror card to which I added a birthday sentiment which was die cut using the same cardstock, layering up the sentiment three times.


For the inside of the card I added the glitter icicles die cut to the bottom of the card as well as another of the lids. The penguins were added to the ice portion of the card.

I die cut Lawn Fawn's Giant Happy Birthday from blue and black cardstock, layering the two together offsetting the black under the blue to create a shadow effect.









1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, this is so cool!