Thursday, July 1, 2021

Sweetest Birthday Ever

Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month, it's time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Lois Bak. 

According to that wacky holiday chart, July is National Ice Cream Month and July 1st is Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day. My challenge to you is to include some ice cream on your card. 


Who doesn't love ice cream! For my card today I pulled out Colorado Craft Company's Sweetest Birthday Cone stamp set. The ice cream is around 7 inches high, so this is perfect to use with a Slimline card.

I wanted a colorful background, so I used Pinkfresh Studio's Slimline Layered Starburst Stencil. This stencil set consists of three stencils to create a starburst effect. I created a rainbow pattern using ink pads from Catherine Pooler Designs, you can see the colors I used in the supply list below.

I used a Slimline Stitched Rectangle die from Picket Fence Studios' Slimline Nested Rectangles die set.  

The sentiment above the ice cream is also from the Sweetest Birthday Cone stamp set. I trimmed the stem of the cherry slightly, so that it wouldn't cover the sentiment.


I created a second starburst stencil background using the same colors as I used on the front of the card. I trimmed the background panel into two strips that slightly smaller than 1 1/2 inches wide to adhered to both edges of the card.

I created a pop-up card using Katherine Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up die set. 

The top sentiment is from Spellbinders Essential Sentiments stamp set.

The smaller ice creams and second sentiment are both from Sunny Studio Stamps Two Scoops stamp set.


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


 

5 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What an awesome background!! Another set of stencils I need to add to my collection. That bold colorful background is perfect with this luscious ice cream cone, Frances!

Liz Williams said...

I love what you have done with these amazing colors on this fabulous card, Frances! Your infamous slimlines are an instant hit!!

Lois said...

Love your card, Frances! That stenciled background is awesome!!!

Karen Aicken said...

This is wonderful! If you remember, I make Ice Cream cards for my kids/grandkids in July every year ... I may have to look at this stamp for next year as my cards are already finished for this one.

eunice said...

Your starburst background is amazing and it, together with the double Katherine label pop ups adds so much to the fun and happy vibe of your ice cream birthday card!