Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - July 2021


Welcome to our July Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is ... "TAG BOOKS" - make a card featuring the Tag Book or Circle Tag Book. This includes switching out the pop-up inside for Pivot Panels or anything else, OR using the Tag Book pop-up mechanisms in a card.


For my card today I decided to pull out the Tag Book Pop-up die set and used a picnic theme to decorate it. 


Here is a close up of the left side of my Tag Book. For the grass along the bottom edge of each tag/square I used the grass border from the Nature Edges die set.

The picnic basket, ants and bread is from the Picnic Elements die set. The apples on the square panel is from the Tree  Fruit Die set.

On the inner page of the main tag I added a tree using the Mini Trees die set.


For the right side of the tag book I added the watermelons which is from Sweet Treat Charms die set. All the images on the tag are all from the Picnic Elements die set.

The sentiment which is stamped on three of the panels is from Lawn Fawn's Crazy Antics stamp set.


For the front of the tag book I used the grass and picnic items from the Picnic Elements die set.

I added the "Hello" sentiment which is from Word Set 6 - Summer die set.


Here is a back view of my tag book, I just decorated it with the designer paper I used on the front of the tag book. I added ribbon and twine for the holes in the tag book.












2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Love the picnic theme on your DC card

dyeandpigment said...

Love your use of the picnic tree set for this card. Great inspiration.