Sunday, October 22, 2017

Sending Christmas Greetings Across the Miles


Hi Crafty Friends,

This past few months, I have noticed some awesome stamp sets coming as freebies included with a Sstamping magazine. Most of these magazines come from the UK, and there have been a few I haven't been able to resist. These days I only buy magazines if I like the freebie included in the mag. I have purchased a couple recently which include Christmas stamps/dies so I figured I better start using one of two of the stamps because Christmas will be here before we know it.


I just adore this freebie set which came in Papercraft Essentials magazine recently. Not only did they include stamps, but you also got an embossing folder for the postbox and a few dies, to cut out the hole in the mail box, bird and letters.

I embossed the post box three times, one in red, one in black (for the base) and white (for the centre part). I cut out each postbox and paper pieced them together.

For the snow I used the snow die from the Nature Edges die set from Karen Burniston.


When you open the card up it reveals a bigger scene of that shown on the front.

I used the Katherine Label Pop-up die set from Karen Burniston to create the pivot arm and label the sentiment is on. I kept the sentiment as high as I could to allow room for the scene below. The sentiment is a mix of the freebie die set (Across the miles) and one from MFT Stamps. 

I added more snow to the bottom of the card and added a few birch trees which are Lawn Fawn dies. 


One final photo so you can see the pivot arm the sentiment panel is on.


Stamps:  Sending Christmas Wishes - Practical Publishing/Papercraft Essentials Issue 151; Ornament Banner Builder - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Red; Black; DP - Memory Box
Dies: Katherine Label Pop-up; Nature Edges - Karen Burniston; Birch Trees - Lawn Fawn
Other: Black Ink; Red Ink;  Postbox Embossing Folder - Practical Publishing/Papercraft Essentials Issue 151; Foam Tape; Copics



6 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

So cute - what fun stamps!

Unknown said...

I love your card. I live in the uk and got these freebies too. I have made a few Christmas cards with them, along with other supplies I have purchased.

itsazoo said...

Just the cutest sweetest card.....

fairycake said...

Beautiful! May I ask what issue of the magazine includes the post box embossing and dies? I love it! Cheers! X

StampOwl said...

Thanks Fairycake, the embossing folder, stamps, dies are included in Papercraft Essentials Issue 151 by Practical Publishing as mentioned in the supplies list at the bottom of the post :)

jojot said...

fabulous detail work on this....esp the letter box...wowza